Welcome!

Welcome to Margica's Notebook!!!

My aim for this blog is to share with the world my inspirations, stories, and thoughts behind my jewelry shop on Etsy, Margica.

Two Hands + One Creative Mind= Margica


Saturday, December 1, 2012

Inspired by Poinsettia- Holiday Showcase: Poinsettia Leather Applique Bib Necklace 12/1/12

Happy December 1st Everyone!

We are now officially in the holiday season!
I hope you all had a wonderful, warm and cozy Thanksgiving with your loved ones and friends.
I simply love this time of the year, regardless if you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, its a time to share with family and friends. Even a time to make new friends.

Today is December 1st--- 25 days of Christmas and holiday spirit, here we go!

With the holiday season kicking in full gear, today's showcase features a true holiday item.

                           Christmas Holiday Poinsettia and Crystal Leather Applique Necklace
                                                                 Available on Etsy

  This is a unique OOAK necklace that I made inspired by the Poinsettia flowers which are popular during the Holiday Season.

  Comes with a cord that is 16 inches long. I categorize this as a bib necklace, as it falls on center of the chest when worn.

Features:  I used pieces of genuine suede leather to make the Poinsettia flower. The suede is dyed in various rich colors such as Red, Teal, White, and Forest Green.
 
In the middle of the flower are beads of Red Bamboo Coral, with clear glass seed beads and a clear swarovksi crystal in the very center of the flower bud.

Towards the bottom I wired and strung black and clear seed glass beads, including genuine large multi faceted Clear Quartz crystal.

This applique necklace is flat, with suede to cushion the back of the it.


                           Modeled by my daughter, this picture is taken in direct sunlight.

  One of my favorite features of this piece is the quartz crystal. It is so dazzling and spectacular. In the pic, with the direct sunlight its blinding, and you can't really see the definition of the crystal. The first pic I posted gives a better look.

(Here I'll post it again)

   Voila! Look at that stone! Can you see the facets, and the glow that crystal has? --Beautiful.

Want to see more? For customer info for this item click https://www.etsy.com/listing/61738399/christmas-holiday-poinsettia-and-crystal?show_panel=true .

Etsy shop: visit  www.margic.etsy.com for all my jewelry items.
 All unique, OOAK (one of a kind), and made with love.

Comments? Questions? Feel free to post below!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Until next time,
XOXO

Margica





No comments:

Post a Comment